I am back!

First let me answer why i was away. Blogspot wanted me to login using a gmail id (i think google bought them). And I only had a yahoo id. And I didnt have anything to publish which would inspire me to sign up for one more mail id. So I guess it was status quo for a year.

This brings me to a theory of mine. I believe there are 3 generations of mail users in this country. Firstly there are 'the mailers' who got hooked to the net first around 1995. They use a hotmail account. The second generation is 'the chatters' who started using the net after 1995...around 1997-2000. They use a yahoo account and in its heydays were on yahoo messenger. The third generation can be called as the 'the networkers' and are basically people who registered for a mail id after 2003. They are definetly on G Mail.

But you cant escape google, can you? I had to orkut, I had to gtalk, and I had to youtube so i had to register with the big daddy. I wonder if that is why i like facebook now more than orkut. Its the only independent thing left in cyberspace.

So here i am ladies and gentlemen (or lets say 3 ladies only...coz i have comments from them only) back on the blog. Thank you for going through it and posting your comments. They are appreciated. I hope to be more frequent with blogging now.

Hasta la vista baby!

Comments

De said…
damn... I feel old... I had an email address from a BBS in Delhi in the late 80s, and a simple Bigfoot account to forward to that 100 character length address. I went through the other 'phases' after that though.
Manu Kaushik said…
Lol. Sorry for the delay...but i stay away from google:)